Kim Warner got the scare of her life behind the wheel of her Jeep Wrangler. "I saw a flash under the hood," she remembers. She says she was driving at a low speed when her brakes went out and the shifter jammed. "I had both feet on the brake and my tires were spinning. I noticed flames coming out the passenger side," she says.
Her boyfriend who was nearby ran, jumped in, and pulled her out of the SUV before it got worse. "As I pulled her out that is when the flames came thru the dash," he said.
Chrysler sent an inspector, but the automaker said in a statement: "The cause of the fire was deemed inconclusive by the investigator."
This recall involves battery-operated night lights with an AC adapter included. The night light collection includes a pink hedgehog, a blue bird, a yellow rocket, an orange dino egg, a white soccer ball and a green shark. The model numbers are printed on the bottom side of the night lights.
This recall involves Polaris Youth RZR® 170 EFI recreational off-highway vehicles with model number R15YAV17AA/AF and VINs between RF3YAV170FT000076 and RF3YAV17XFT005141. To see the complete list, visit the firm’s website. The VIN is on the left-hand front frame tube. They were sold in both blue and red. The blue models have a “170 EFI” decal on the right and left side of the hood and an “RZR” decal on the right and left front fenders. The red models have a “170 EFI” decal on the right and left front fenders and a “RZR” decal on the right and left rear fenders.
See the full details at the Polaris website.
This recall involves GreenWorks 12 amp electric blower/vacs. The blower/vacs have a green motor housing and a black blower tube and restrictor nozzle. They measure 12 inches high and 34 inches long. Recalled blower/vacs have model number 24022 with a serial number between GWS0350001 through GWS2280500 or model number 24072 with a serial number between GWR1310001 through GWS2281100. The model number, serial number, “greenworks” and “ELECTRIC BLOWER/MULCHER WITH BAG” are printed on the side of the motor housing. Model 24022 has a two-speed switch. Model 24072 has a variable speed switch.
Read the full details at CPSC
In the new issue of NFPA Journal®, President Jim Shannon said the Association will focus on the leading causes of home fires, including cooking. "We also need to continue to push hard for home fire sprinklers. That's still a large priority for NFPA, and we plan to work very aggressively in 2014 on our residential sprinkler initiative," he said.
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced today that LG Electronics Tianjin Appliance Co., Ltd., and LG Electronics USA Inc. (LG), agreed to pay a maximum $1,825,000 civil penalty. The civil penalty agreement settles CPSC staff’s charges that LG knowingly failed to report to CPSC, as required by federal law, a defect and an unreasonable risk of serious injury with several models of dehumidifiers. Fires caused by the defective dehumidifiers resulted in millions of dollars of property damage.
Read the full article at CPSC
Copyright© 2010. California Conference of Arson Investigators. SiteAdmin. Web Design by Todd Lando